Saturday, January 12, 2008

Action.  It's a new revelation of mine that I am addicted to action.  I spend my days going to meetings with action points already in hand, with all the research done and with all the counter-arguments prepared.  If I'm not acting, my mind must be.  If we didn't come to more action points through discussion, then the agenda was not met.

Then there is the church meeting.

Inaction.   There is a lot of smiling, staring and seemingly invaluable comments, to be crass.   We all talk about how we know one another, what we might do and how cold it is outside. I am left wanting.  What did we accomplish?  A whole lot of snack eating and a whole lot of nothing. 

My boyfriend says that I drive like I live.  Go, go, go, go, go, go....STOP!!!!!  It's action that I am addicted to, immediately just before it hurts me.  Besides restoration and thinking, is there really any valuable to inaction?  

No comments: