Sunday, February 1, 2009

Resigned to Naivete


I've never been a mid-way kind of girl.  I dive deep.  I don't know how to do anything any other way.  I buy into the story, drink the kool-aid and then sell it.  Every - single - time.  

And every time I believe that it won't change, that the loyalty, that the commitment and the investment won't ever be lost.  And then it happens, again.

I was recently laid off from my job.  For almost two years I believed in the company's vision, gave almost all my time, and definitely all my passion to that team.  And moments after finding out, suddenly all that blood and sweat is all put into a box that goes into storage, seemingly forgotten.

I remember someone sending me this quote by John Wooden a very long time ago:  "It is better to trust and be disappointed occasionally than to distrust and be miserable all the time." 

So I'll dive deep again.  I'm probably lucky that I don't know how to do it any other way.  I'll believe that something won't ever die.  Just so I can live all of life, trust people and trust that my work always is for something, not nothing.   Sometimes naivete is best.

No comments: